JDRF Clinical Research Network Symposium 2023 T1D Decade of Progress
T1Decade of Research Progress – Past & Future
On Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th July 2023, JDRF Australia is hosting a two-day face to face symposium in Sydney Australia, to commemorate over a decade of achievements of the Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Research Network (T1DCRN). The meeting will be opened by The Hon Mark Butler, Minister for Health and Aged Care, and will feature a line-up of scientific and non-scientific experts across a multidisciplinary network.
About the Symposium
The Symposium will bring together a multidisciplinary network of scientific and non-scientific experts to showcase the lifechanging research that CRN-funding has made possible over the past decade, as well as the funding’s impact on the T1D research environment and T1D research ecosystem. It also presents an opportunity to look into the future gaps and needs in T1D research, and the opportunities the next decade brings to address them.
The meeting’s objectives are:
- To highlight the contribution of the T1DCRN research outcomes in improving the lives of people with T1D in the last decade.
- To identify gaps and priority areas, share new initiatives, strategies and challenges in achieving the T1DCRN’s goals for faster translation in order to optimise care for people at risk and living with T1D.
- To provide a platform for discussions concerning the vision and future of the T1DCRN as ongoing and future programs mature and progress.
Symposium attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Partake in stimulating, expert-moderated interactions, highlighting impact and innovation.
- Gain insights on a decade of advancements in the field and experience knowledge transformation in prevention, cures and improving lives of people at risk and living with T1D.
- Add a voice and contribute ideas to the future of the T1DCRN.
- Gain exposure and be presented with networking opportunities across T1D research disciplines.
JDRF have reserved a limited number of rooms for symposium delegates at a discounted rate of $299 (or $329 including breakfast) which will be available until 25 May. If you wish to take advantage of this rate please contact Kellie Millard at firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Scientific Symposium Advisory Committee
- Dr Kirstine Bell The University of Sydney
- Prof Toby Coates The Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Prof Elizabeth Davis Telethon Kids Institute, University of Western Australia
- Prof Josephine Forbes Mater Institute of Medical Research
- Ms Christine Garberg JDRF Lay Review Panel
- Prof Tom Kay St Vincent’s Institute of Medical Research
- Dr Megan Penno The University of Adelaide
- Dr Ki Wook Kim University of New South Wales
Confirmed International Speakers
Professor Mark Atkinson, PHD
American Diabetes Association Eminent Scholar for Diabetes Research and the Jeffrey Keene Family Professor at the University of Florida
Professor Colin Dayan, MA MBBS FRCP PHD
Professor of Clinical Diabetes and Metabolism, Cardiff University School of Medicine
Doctor Eleanor Ramos, MD
Chief Medical and Chief Operating Officer at Provention Bio, a Sanofi Company
Professor Marian Rewers, MD PhD
Executive Director, Barbara Davis Centre for Childhood Diabetes at the University of Colorado