Helpful links for family and friends of people living with T1D
Did you download your free guide to type 1 diabetes (T1D), and now you want to learn more about the condition and how you can help people in the T1D community? Follow these links for lots more information.
Learn about T1D
- What is T1D? All your questions answered.
- T1D FAQS: learn the truth about common myths.
- T1D by the numbers (and sources for the statistics in the booklet).
- Watch videos that explain different T1D devices, including continuous glucose monitors, insulin pumps and more.
- Our T1Dictionary teaches you common T1D words and phrases.
- Find out where you – or your loved one who lives with T1D – can get mental health support.
Check out our other free books and downloads
- A guide for parents and carers of kids and teens with T1D: If You’re Okay, They’re Okay.
- The must-have book for adults living with T1D: Straight to the Point.
- The book for parents of teens with T1D: Teen Toolkit.
- A guide for teens living with T1D: Testing Times.
Learn more about JDRF and how we help the T1D community
- Discover our research. As our ultimate goal is to find cures for T1D, we identify pathways with the greatest potential to lead to do this, from screening and prevention programs to clinical trials of groundbreaking new therapies. We’re also focused on improving lives and finding new ways to treat or prevent common complications of T1D.
- Learn about our community support. Between our popular Peer Support Program, Facebook groups, courses and online chats, there are lots of ways to get in touch with other members of the T1D community.
- Become a JDRF advocate. Powered by advocates who can speak about their lived experience, JDRF’s advocacy program has helped deliver a T1D-focused policy in every election cycle since 2004.
- Sign up to our monthly newsletter to get all the latest research updates, event information, and more.
- Sign up to our Game Changer newsletter, where you can discover the latest information on clinical trials and how you can participate in them.
- Find all our fantastic fundraising events: join the Blue Army to help us beat T1D.
- Join our Facebook group for friends and family members of people living with T1D.