Handy links for newly diagnosed families
Find links and resources to help as your family begins their type 1 diabetes journey.
Get social with us
Join us on social media for the latest research news, meet-ups, courses, online discussions and more:
Join our private Facebook group
Chat with other T1D parents, have your questions answered, or just vent to others who know how you feel in our private Facebook group for parents and carers of children living with T1D.
Your child’s loved ones (grandparents, aunts and uncles, family friends) may like to join our other group, just for family and friends of those living with T1D.
Helpful pages on our site
Bookmark these pages to make sure you can find them next time you need info on type 1 diabetes.
- Our T1Directory is a one-stop portal to Australian T1D information with links to important resources
- Our T1Dictionary helps guide you through the words and terms used when talking about diabetes
- Read articles and get free downloads written for parents of children and teens living with T1D
Returning to daycare, preschool or school after a T1D diagnosis
With the right support of educators and staff, your child can continue to thrive and enjoy all the wonderful benefits of attending school, preschool or daycare while having their T1D management needs met.
- For younger kids: get tips on your child attending daycare or preschool after their diagnosis
- For older children and teens: get advice about your child returning to school after their diagnosis
Rufus, the Bear with Diabetes, and his app
Rufus’ free mobile app opens up a new world of learning and playing for you and your child with T1D. By helping Rufus manage his diabetes, children gain hands-on practice with counting carbs, monitoring BGLs, and dosing with insulin using virtual diabetes care tools. Our curriculum is co-designed with doctors, educators, and families to create educational content kids love. Learn more and download the app.