Why Participate in a Clinical Trial?
Clinical trials are at the heart of finding a cure for type 1 diabetes, and are a crucial step in making new therapies available.
Advances in treatments and technology for type 1 diabetes are only made possible by the willingness of volunteers to take part in clinical research. Research volunteers, whether patients or healthy subjects, play a vital role in clinical research. Without research volunteers, clinical trials for exciting and cutting-edge new treatments cannot go ahead.
Why should I volunteer for a clinical trial?
- You could get access to new therapies before they are available on the market
- You’ll learn more about your own type 1 diabetes and how to manage it best
- You’ll help to speed research progress from bench to bedside
- You’ll contribute to making new therapies accessible to others with type 1 diabetes
- You could help find a cure for more than 120,000 Australians and millions of people worldwide living with type 1 diabetes.
Photo: Cath has type 1 diabetes and has participated in a Melbourne-based technology clinical trial.