There are many ways to get involved with the T1DCRN. Help us find a cure for type 1 diabetes by participating in clinical research, volunteering your time, becoming an advocate or fundraising for JDRF.
The T1DCRN is led by JDRF Australia, whose mission is to find a cure for type 1 diabetes. Corporate Governance of the T1DCRN is provided via the JDRF Board of Directors and the Board T1DCRN Subcommittee.
JDRF International is the world’s largest charitable funder of type 1 diabetes research, with over $160 million in total invested into Australian research to date. The T1DCRN has close colleagial connections with JDRF International, benefitting from their global perspective and knowledge of type 1 diabetes research.
The T1DCRN has attracted leading experts in the field of the type 1 diabetes clinical research. These key opinion leaders have have taken up positions on our Network Steering Committee as advisors, partners, and ambassadors of the Network.
The Committee helps to:
- Ensure that all operational policies and procedures adhere to the T1DCRN’s mission
- Identify new research partnerships to increase the T1DCRN’s impact
- Guide the strategic direction and development of the T1DCRN
- Foster an environment of inclusion and scientific collaboration amongst everyone interested in the T1DCRN
Our Committee members are internationally renowned, Australian expert leaders in type 1 diabetes research. They are:
- Prof. Peter Colman MBBS, MS, FRACP – University of Melbourne
- Prof. Mark Cooper MBBS, PhD, FRACP – Monash University
- Prof. Jennifer Couper MD, FRACP – University of Adelaide
- A/Prof. Maria Craig MBBS, PhD, FRACP – University of New South Wales
- Prof. Alicia Jenkins MBBS, MD, MRCP, FRACP, FRCP – University of Sydney
- Prof. Timothy Jones MBBS, DCH, FRACP, MD – University of Western Australia