Australia’s leading national diabetes organisations are standing together to support people with diabetes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
These are unprecedented times. However, Australia’s diabetes community is strong and resilient – and working together we are stronger.
We are united and focused on one thing – supporting and advocating for the health and wellbeing of all Australians with diabetes, and their families and support networks, and diabetes health professionals during this pandemic.
The current environment is changing every day. JDRF Australia, Diabetes Australia, the Australian Diabetes Society, the Australian Diabetes Educators Association and the Australasian Paediatric Endocrine Group are working together across a number of key areas to:
- Provide information that people with diabetes and their families and loved ones can use in making important decisions during this time
- Provide clear and consistent advice to people with diabetes, Governments, other health organisations, and the community about how people with diabetes should be supported
- Ensure the ongoing availability and access to diabetes medicines and products
- Ensure that people with diabetes can continue to access essential diabetes clinical and support services during the pandemic
- Monitor the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on people with diabetes and families
- Advocate for changes to emerging policy and practice in the interests of all people with diabetes
We will continue to meet regularly and work closely together to ensure you have up-to-date advice, information and support you need to manage your diabetes during these difficult times.
We are here to provide clear advice to the diabetes community regarding any questions you may have. If there are areas in which we can help you, please send your question or comment to JDRF Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want to reassure the Australian diabetes community – we are with you and we are working hard to help all people with diabetes get through this.